- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1 cup almond butter (or nut butter of choice – I like the almond butter personally)
- 3/4 cup coconut sugar (I get Trader Joe’s)
- 1/4 cup cacao powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips (optional – Enjoy Life is the cleanest brand I found)
*I like topping mine with more almond butter and a sprinkle of coconut flakes 🙂
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF
- Slice the ends of 1 zucchini and using the medium side of a grater, grate 1 cup of zucchini. If you end up with extra throw the grated zucchini in a veggie omelet or make a double batch
- Put the shredded zucchini onto a plate or cutting board and dry it with a paper towel to remove moisture. Transfer the zucchini into a large bowl.
- In the same bowl as the zucchini, add in the nut butter, coconut sugar, cacao powder, eggs, baking soda, salt, and vanilla. Stir well until a thick batter is formed, then fold in the chocolate chips, if using.
- Line a standard muffin tin with 12 baking cups
- Divide the batter among the 12 baking cup
- Bake at 350ºF until the muffins have risen about 20 minutes. You can check to see if they are done by placing a tooth pick in the center – if it comes out clean you are good to go.
- Remove the muffins from the oven and let them cool for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Leftovers can be stored in a container in the fridge for 7 days.