November 10, 2021
#50: PMS and Menstrual Moods
with Courtney Mayszak
In this episode
- What is PMS
- Hormonal fluctuations
- The Neurotransmitter + hormone connection
- Estrogen & Progesterone Effect on Your Mood
- What happens with PMS?
- What could make PMS work?
- How Stead Mood addresses PMS based on the science
- Why we need Zinc, Magnesium, Calcium and B6 to support PMS
- Herbs that are helpful for PMS
PMS and Mood Swings have long been mocked by society as “part of being a woman” but let me tell you something right now -It’s not – it’s actually a hormonal imbalance and it can be supported. In this episode I brought in Courtney Mayszak, RDN, LDN, Co Founder and Chief Product office of Delune, to talk about the science behind PMS.
We chat about understanding hormonal fluctuations, communicating with your body, the connection between your brain chemicals and your hormones, how estrogen and progesterone affect mood, why PMS happens and what we can do about it!
- Use Code: SOPHIESHEPHERD for 15% OFF DELUNE.CO
- Follow De Lune on Instagram
Related Podcast Episodes