with Sophie Shepherd
In this Episode:
- The link between testosterone excess and PCOS
- The symptoms of excess testosterone
- What causes excess testosterone to build up in the body
- The direct link between inflammation, insulin resistance, and excess testosterone
- Supplements that help PCOS women metabolize sugar
- Why “just losing weight” doesn’t work with PCOS, and what to do instead
- Clearing a sluggish liver
- Dehydration, adrenal fatigue, and your hormones
- How to get tested for high testosterone, insulin resistance, and gut issues
- Dietary changes that can help with excess testosterone
When our body is unable to regulate itself properly, we often see a cascade of issues that are linked to other more serious health problems. This is the case for testosterone excess, which is brought on by certain lifestyle factors, gut microbiome issues, stress, and more.
If we can’t process our hormones normally, it can lead to other more serious health issues such as insulin resistance, hyper- or hypothyroidism, PCOS, hair loss, and obesity. In this episode, I’m getting to the bottom of testosterone excess and what we can do to support our body in relearning to process this hormone properly.
With a few tests, some dietary and supplemental shifts, and a few other lifestyle tweaks, we can often identify, and eventually reverse, the symptoms of testosterone excess that might be throwing your body out of balance. Tune in to learn how we can help and where to start if you suspect you might have this hormonal imbalance.