I’m so excited to share these wonderful, cake in your mouth, healthy energy ball bites with you! They are a little bit of a production to make but so, so, so worth it and perfect for a party, especially if you want to be the talk of the party. You do need a food processor for these, you can’t do it in a blender, trust me. I learned that hard way. All the dates and dried blueberries got stuck underneath the blade! I will also for warn you that if you have a small food processor you may to do this in two batches depending. My favorite part of this recipe is the rolling of the energy ball bites – I do this while watching This Is Us on Hulu – score!
Ingredients:1 + 1/2 Cups Raw Cashews 1/2 cup Unsweetened Shredded Coconut + additional for rolling 1/2 Cup Dried Blueberries 3/4 Cup Medjool Dates, pitted and roughly chopped 1-2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice 1 Teaspoon Lemon Zest + additional for rolling 1/2 Teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract Pinch of Fine Sea Salt
- In a food processor blend cashews and shredded coconut until they become a coarse meal. Don’t over blend!
- Add blueberries, dates, lemon zest, lemon juice, vanilla extract and salt. Process until the mixture forms a rough dough that can easily hold together when pinched between your fingers.
- Taste test and add more lemon juice if necessary. Add cashews if the mixture is too wet.
- Roll into small (1 or 1 and 1/2 inch) balls. I like to use a tsp measuring spoon or a cake ball scooper. (looks like a mini ice cream scooper)
- Roll the balls into additional coconut and lemon zest. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week or put in the freezer for use later in the year.